Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Zetamale - Live at Gate City Noise

  



I found out about this show from the Lovitt website. Zetamale had Darron and Ash from FOUR HUNDRED YEARS and Cornbread from ENGINE DOWN (plus some other folks). I HAD TO GO AND I HAD TO RECORD IT.

Imagine my confusion when I saw a keyboard set up, and then when Darron sat down to play his guitar. Not what I was hoping for, but it ended up being.. pleasant. I kinda forgot about this until I was looking through my stuff recently. Upon listening to this 13(!) years later, I'm done holding my grudge and it's.. still pleasant.

Reminds me a bit of Jeremy Enigk's solo stuff mixed in with some of those Denali grooves. I couldn't find much about them except that they had a demo CD and then a few years later changed their name to Delegate and recorded a full length. Not the most search friendly name, so I couldn't find anything else.



No comments:

Post a Comment